Mobile Event App Tips
- App updates: To ensure you have access to the latest features and enhancements, be sure to install updates when notified by your app store.
- Set up your profile: Tap Profile, then tap the Settings Wheel Icon in the top right corner (if you're using an IOS platform device) or the Pencil Icon in the top right corner (if using an Android device). Update your Contact Details (Name, Title, Company) and Photo here. If you wish to remain anonymous, go to My Profile > Edit Profile and change your name and company to anonymous. To update your Profile Photo, tap the grey photo icon and either select a photo from your camera roll or take a new photo. If you're using an HTML5 device (Blackberry or Web Browser), you can click Profile, then Settings to update your contact information.
- Set your preferences for receiving notifications and messages. Tap the Settings button in Profile (top right Wheel Icon on iOS and top right Icon on Android) set push notification settings, and enable private messaging if you wish.
- Send 1-1 direct messages to fellow attendees: Select an attendee from the "Attendees" section, then select the "More" link on their profile screen. If they have selected to allow private messages, you should see a "Send Message" option. (Note that direct message recipients will see your email address so they can respond).
- Search: Use the universal search field on the main menu screen to search for specific sessions or any other content in the app. iOS users, you may have to swipe down on the menu screen to see the search field.
- Post an update, select a Session, Speaker, and/or Place, add a note, then tap Post (iOS), the checkmark icon (Android), or CheckIn (HTML5).
- Get active and earn points: There are a number of ways to gain points in the app. Checking-into "objects" (Sessions, Speakers, Places, etc.), adding a note with your check-ins, rating sessions, uploading event photos, and receiving comments on your check-ins from other attendees are all ways to gain points in the app. Keep in mind that no points will be given if you check in too many times back-to-back.
- Earn badges in the app for completing missions. From the Badges section, select the unlocked badges for a brief description of what it takes to earn/unlock the badge. For more details on how to earn badges, select the Show Floor Missions link in the Show Floor section of app. If you’re a member of SAP Community Network (SCN), be sure to add your SCN ID to your registration record and have your SAP TechEd activity earn you badges on SCN as well.
- For more detailed tips and frequently asked questions, visit the About the App section of the app.